Middle Brow Beer Co. recently claimed the #1 spot in Chicago Magazine’s ranking of the top pizza places in Chicago. Now that I’ve been to Middle Brow a few times, I understand why.
Here are a few tips to make your visit to Middle Brow the best it can be:
- Get the pizza. They have a bunch of really good looking items on the menu, but if you aren’t getting the pizza at Middle Brow, you’re doing yourself a disservice.
- Get 4 ounce beer pours. The beer at Middle Brow is mind-bendingly good. In fact, it’s some of the best beer I’ve had in Chicago. My personal favorite is the Mozart. Since they offer 4oz pours, you can build your own “flight” and try whatever tickles your fancy.
- Be prepared for some server sass. This is a trendy place in one of the hottest neighborhoods in Chicago, and the servers reflect that. So don’t be discouraged when your server has some snark. It’s par for the course for a place that is quickly becoming a go-to local hangout…and is winning awards in the process. Just go with it.
- Weather permitting, sit in “the Bungalow.” The Middle Brow interior is clean, well-designed, and very conducive to chilling and sipping a beer. However, the outside patio is the place to be if the weather’s good. They even have bonfires and s’mores on really nice weather nights.
- If you have a gluten sensitivity, call ahead for gluten-free pizza. Yes, they have excellent gluten-free pizza, however, they only have a set amount of crusts every night. Call ahead and make sure they have one for you if gluten-free is your jam.